Why You Need Travel Insurance
Allianz Global Assistance, a world leader in travel insurance and assistance services, offers many reasons to protect yourself and your family with travel insurance. We help travelers every year through unanticipated travel delays, bad weather, lost luggage and medical emergencies in foreign countries.
In addition to the ringing endorsements of our valued customers, here are 10 reasons why experienced travelers choose Allianz Travel Insurance for what’s ahead.
Life is unpredictable. Some trips need to be cancelled.
With travel insurance, travelers don’t necessarily have to pay for a trip they are unable to take.
Over 26 million bags were delayed, damaged, or stolen in 2012. Allianz Global Assistance can provide coverage to replace needed items right away.
Credit card coverage may not provide sufficient coverage
for travel. Most credit cards don’t provide comprehensive coverage that travel insurance offers and, often, only takes effect if you purchase the entire trip on the credit card. Another consideration is they typically do not provide medical insurance, so should only be looked at as secondary insurance.
Sick happens. 63% of travelers report they or their travel companion has gotten sick while on vacation. That’s more than one out of every two travelers. Travel insurance can provide peace of mind - especially for travel outside the United States, where many hospitals request cash payments in the thousands before treatment can even begin.
Health insurance may not go the distance. The majority
of U.S. health insurance policies (including Medicare and Medicaid) don’t cover international travel. And, those that do will likely not cover the cost of medical evacuation back to the U.S. which can cost more than $50,000.
6. Lost or forgotten medication? Travel insurance can provide assistance to assist you in locating a pharmacy to purchase a new prescription.
7. Even the most stable of travel suppliers can default quickly.
If a cruise line, airline or tour operator ceases operations due to financial hardship or bankruptcy, travel insurance can save travelers from paying for a trip they’ll never get to take.
8. In the event of an emergency, airlines are not required to refund a ticket. It’s ultimately the airline’s decision whether a traveler’s situation warrants a full refund of the ticket cost. Most times however, airlines will merely offer a credit voucher (the original purchase price minus a penalty fee) towards future travel.
9. Flight delays can add up. It is not the airline’s responsibility to cover costs associated with delayed flights or refund money due to missed connections. Travel insurance can reimburse you for costs associated with these, including rebooking fees, meals and accommodations.
10. We all experience tough economic times. The loss of a job or other income might mean a trip planned in advance may have to wait. Travel insurance can put cash back into the hands of travelers when they need it most.
The Classic Plan provides trip cancellation, trip interruption, emergency medical and dental coverage, emergency transportation and travel delay coverage plus lost or delayed baggage coverage. For a pamphlet detailing coverage -E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org